Agile Requirements & User Stories Training
Agile Requirements & User Stories Training
User stories are Agile teams’ compass, keeping them focused on what truly matters to the end-users.
Importance of Agile Requirements & User Stories
Agile Requirements & User Stories transcend a mere checklist; they’re pivotal aspects of the Agile approach that guide businesses through uncertainty with precision. They empower teams to define and prioritize what needs to be done while staying true to Agile’s core values. This involves creating small, clear descriptions of what users need, and fostering collaboration and understanding.
Much like Agile’s emphasis on experimentation and feedback, Agile Requirements & User Stories focus on capturing and refining what users want in a project. This adaptation is rooted in Agile’s guiding principles, ensuring cohesion and purpose.
Agile Requirements & User Stories streamline product development, ensuring user needs are met efficiently. Unlike traditional methods, they prevent unnecessary features and keep projects focused on what truly matters.
Embracing an Agile Requirements & User Stories mindset positions companies for success in a dynamic market. It enhances communication, prioritizes user satisfaction, and fuels innovation. In essence, Agile Requirements & User Stories aren’t just practical tools; they’re essential for sustained growth and accomplishment in the modern business landscape.
This training focuses on the foundations of User Stories. It gives insights into creating and managing impactful stories and practical experience in gathering Agile requirements and effectively managing them.
What are the values for your company?
- Improved Requirement Management: The team members will learn how to effectively author high-quality user stories, leading to better requirement management and clearer communication between teams and stakeholders.
- Higher Product Value: By focusing on defining the value a user gains from the system, the products and services will resonate better with customer needs and expectations, resulting in higher satisfaction and loyalty.
- Agile Adoption: The training emphasizes the Agile values of collaboration and Just-In-Time definition, enabling employees to embrace and implement Agile practices more effectively, leading to increased productivity and adaptability.
- Efficient Project Delivery: With a better understanding of user stories, team members can prioritize and deliver features and functionalities that truly matter to users, leading to more efficient and timely project deliveries.
- Enhanced quality & innovation: User stories encourage collaboration among different teams and departments, fostering a culture of teamwork and collective problem-solving, which can lead to innovative solutions and higher-quality outcomes.
- Reduced Rework and Waste: By learning how to create well-defined user stories, team members can minimize misunderstandings and prevent rework, reducing overall waste in the development process and improving resource utilization.
Introduction with the term of a User Story, its form, and characteristics. You will learn what is the main purpose of User Stories, why to use them, and when.
User Story details
Acronym INVEST analysis to describe the attributes of a good User Story. This topic also discusses acceptance criteria, splitting User Stories, and the relationship between User Stories and Product Backlog.
User Story format
How to write a requirement using User Stories, what are important parts of a requirement (role, activity, business value). You will learn what are acceptance criteria, or conditions of satisfaction for User Stories and how to write them by using the format “As a <role> I want/can <activity> so that <business value>”
User Story criteria
You will learn why User stories often fail and what are the main acceptance criteria and challenges with User stories. You’ll be writing User Stories and acceptance criteria through several examples and practice.
Common patterns to split a User Story
You’ll learn how to split bigger User stories into smaller ones, using 10 common patterns and 7 product dimensions.
Introduction with the term “Spike” and explains rules and differences comparing feature User Stories, also technical User Stories
Definition of Ready (DoR)
You’ll know what is the Definition of Ready (DoR) as a control of what product backlog items can enter an iteration and where it is used.
You’ll get to know different techniques for requirements prioritization (MoSCoW, Kano, WSJF).
Power up your learning
Combine Agile Requirements & User with Agile Planning & Estimating Training!
* They are a dynamic duo, each enhancing the other, propelling your team towards a deep knowledge that's sure to drive success!
Clients Usually Ask Us These ... about Agile Planning & Estimating Course
Training is carefully structured to help executives keep ahead of rapidly evolving business environments.
Primarily this training is dedicated, but not limited to…
- Product Owners;
- Scrum Masters;
- Development team;
- All those familiar with the Scrum framework or who have been using the Scrum framework for some time.
Training Duration: The training is conducted over the course of one day, making it a concise and focused learning experience.
Certification: The training is not certified.
Location: The training is organized upon the client’s request and takes place at their own premises. This provides convenience and ensures that participants can learn in a familiar and comfortable environment.
Educational Material: To support effective learning, we provide comprehensive educational materials that cover essential concepts and practical applications of Agile methodologies.
SEU Points: Upon completing the training, participants can earn up to 8 SEU (Scrum Education Units) points in category C. These points are a valuable recognition of their commitment to continuous learning and professional development within the Agile community.
In summary, this one-day uncertified training, held at the client’s location, offers a wealth of educational material to participants. It empowers them to gain practical knowledge while earning SEU points to showcase their dedication to ongoing improvement and expertise in the field.