Scrum Master ROLE
The Scrum Master serves as a facilitator who empowers the team, nurtures collaboration, maintains impartiality, promotes unity, and safeguards the Scrum framework, all in pursuit of achieving high-quality results and continuous improvement.
The Scrum Master, as a change agent, is instrumental in creating a culture of ongoing improvement and adaptability. By challenging the status quo and facilitating positive change, they contribute to the team's success and the overall growth of the organization.
The Scrum Master's role as a communicator is essential for keeping all project stakeholders well-informed, aligned, and engaged. Their efforts contribute to the seamless flow of information and collaboration, resulting in more efficient and successful project outcomes.
The Scrum Master's role as an impediment remover is essential for maintaining a productive and obstacle-free work environment, allowing the team to focus on delivering value and continuously improving their processes.
The Scrum Master's servant leadership approach centers on enabling the team's success, cultivating a positive and productive environment, and nurturing the team's growth and autonomy, aligning perfectly with Agile principles that prioritize individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
The Scrum Master's coaching role empowers the team to become self-sufficient and informed decision-makers within the Scrum framework. They provide guidance and support, enabling the team to learn, grow, and continuously improve while embracing Scrum principles and practices.
If you are...
...this course is for you!
What you will learn on this course
CSM® Learning OUTCOMES (Scrum Alliance®)
- describe the responsibilities and accountabilities of the Scrum Team, the Scrum Master, the Developers and the Product Owner.
- explain Scrum Events and Activities (Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Definition of Done
- facilitating, teaching, mentoring, and coaching
- at least three techniques for facilitating group decision making
- at least three situations in which the Scrum Master could serve the needs of the Scrum Team
or organization through facilitation
Service to the Team, Product Owner and Organization
- ways the Scrum Master could support the Product Owner.
- development practices
- organizational impediments that can affect Scrum Teams.
- organizational design change caused by adopting Scrum.
Why you should take this course
Benefits of this CSM® certification
Certified ScrumMasters® demonstrate the accomplishment of core Scrum knowledge and are highly-valued across industries since they have verifiable skills.
Scrum Master's salary in Serbia
Scrum Master’s salary range in Serbia:
850 – 3000 €
Average Scrum Master’s salary in Serbia:
*research in 2023. [source: HelloWorld]
how to get CSM® certificate
Find your date and register on time on Agile Serbia, a Global REA of Scrum Alliance (SA).
Take the CSM® course, 16 hours of interactive instructions from verified trainer (CST), who have years of experience as active Scrum practitioners across domains.
Pass your CSM® test by correctly answering 37 out of the 50 questions within the 60-minute time limit. You have up to 2 attempts included in the course cost. Additional Retake Cost: 25$
Accept a license agreement and receive CSM® certificate & 2-year membership from Scrum Alliance.
Don't forget! Renew the certification once every two years. Scrum Scrum Master Certification Renewal Cost is 100$
Facilitating teamwork, fostering growth, and removing impediments, the Scrum Master guides the path to success.
What are the next step AFTER CSM® certification?
People Usually Ask Us These ... about CSM®
- Step one: understand the Scrum framework and lifecycle.
- Step two: attend the two-day CSM training course conducted by a certified trainer.
- Step three: pass the CSM Certification online exam conducted by Scrum Alliance.
- Once you pass the exam, you will need to submit a license agreement to the Scrum Alliance for acceptance, and a membership profile must be completed.
In order to access the CSM® exam, you must first take an Certified Scrum Master® (CSM) course with one of our Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs®). Please visit our CSM Course Shop page to find a next CSM course.
After completing the Certified ScrumMaster course, you will receive a welcome email containing a link to activate your Scrum Alliance® certification account where you will be able to complete the CSM exam.
To take your exam, please go to Scrum Alliance website :
- Sign in with your login credentials (Note: Your registered email address and username are included in the “Welcome CSM” email)
- Hover over Hello, [Your Name] in the top righthand corner and select My Dashboard
- Accept the license agreement (terms and conditions) if you haven’t already
- Click on “Take CSM test“
- Select your language and continue
- You will be redirected to the test.com site where you will be presented with the exam.
- Please make sure to turn OFF your pop-up blockers before you begin the test.
The test is given online and is not proctored or held in an in-person location.
The CSM test contains 50 multiple-choice questions based on the CSM Learning Objectives, and candidates will have one hour to complete it. The passing score is 74% (37 out of 50 questions). You will not be able to pause the test, but questions can be bookmarked to answer later during the 60-minute time limit. For more information about which types of topics and questions are included on the CSM test, please refer to our CSM Test Specifications Outline. It also serves as a great study guide!
After receiving the initial welcome email from Scrum Alliance that contains the account activation link, you will have 90 days to complete the CSM test for free. You are also given two free attempts to pass the CSM test. If you fail the test twice or complete it after 90 days, you will be prompted to pay a $25 USD test attempt fee.
Upon passing the exam, you will receive the certificate within five business days.
Please follow these steps to download and print a copy of your certificate.
- Log into your account: https://www.scrumalliance.org/login
- Click “Hello, [Your Name]” in the top righthand corner
- Select “My Dashboard”
- Scroll down to the “Certifications” section
- Click on “Download Certificate” for the certification copy you wish to print or download
Your CSM® certification credential lasts for 2 years.
Within these 2 years, you are required to earn 20 of Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) in order to validate your continued proficiency in the fundamental principles and practices of Scrum.
A renewal fee is $100 ($50/year).
NOTE: You need to be within 6 months of your current CSM® certification date.
Follow these steps:
1. Log in to your certification account.
2. Click on the ‘certification dashboard’ in the settings.
3. Scroll to the ‘Actions’ window, click the renewal link and pay your renewal fee.